Job Title: Medical Assistant, Interfaith Community Clinic
Job Posting Date: November 19, 2018
Closing Date: Until Filled
Description: Coordinates overall medical program and services
- Telephone triage as needed
- Perform pre and post clinic duties
- Room patients; with vital signs, medication and allergy history, brief reason for current visit, update medical history as appropriate
- Administer medications as per physician orders, including oral, IM and subcutaneous injections and nebulized medications
- Perform routine testing; including but not limited to, EKG, urinalysis, pregnancy test, rapid strep screens and other CLIA waived testing as per physician orders
- Ensure smooth flow of patients
- Access patient lab and x-ray reports via hospital EMR system
- Process prescription refill requests per clinic protocol
- Notify patients of test results per clinic protocol
- Maintain emergency medical cart, including completion of monthly checklist
- Stock and maintain exam room supplies
- Complete weekly and monthly clinic duties
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: H.S. graduate, completion of accredited medical assisting course. Current BCLS, 1-2 years medical office experience; must be knowledgeable of HIPPA and OSHA requirements, Bilingual in English/Spanish helpful. Proficient in the use of computerized charting, eClinicalWorks preferred. Responsible, dependable and flexible with the ability to multi-task.
Hourly Salary: Based on background and experience.
Submit Your Resume
To apply for a position with Interfaith, interested applicants may email a cover letter (specifying desired position and location) and resume to:
To be eligible to apply for a posted position, you must meet the minimum hiring specifications for the position, be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, be an employee in good standing in terms of your overall work record, and generally have been in your current position for a minimum of six months.